Skip to content
After The Day Advocate Tasks –
- Contact their allocated participants in a nominated window after the event to:
- help them process and reflect on the experience.
- receive more detailed feedback about any item/s they care to elaborate on.
- reaffirm what they are looking to what challenge or goal they are seeking to achieve over the next 12 months, and how you can be of assistance.
- Schedule two meeting times when you will be available to meet with your allocated participants as a collective group in the following 12 months to check in and help support them in their personal goals and challenges identified on the day. We suggest at the 3 and 6-month marks. This can be as simple as nominating a couple of hours when you will be at a coffee shop and available to chat, or as elaborate as an RSVP dinner party. The choice is entirely up to you. Please let us know if you’d like a member of the TEDxBrisbane organising team to attend, and we’ll do our best to be there.
- Actively engage in our online community, including:
- engaging with posts on all platforms you are active on
- engaging on the TEDxBrisbane app
- sharing all the talks from TEDxBrisbane as they are released
- Provide status updates and success milestones with the community directly online or with the TEDxBrisbane team, and with their consent, those of your allocated participants.
- Where you have a blog, or are engaged on a platform (such as LinkedIn) which has blog post functionality, write a blog about your experience at TEDxBrisbane.
- Help support the identification of mentor/mentee opportunities within the community where this is of interest to allocated participants.
- Consider potential roles you could aspire to in future, including the hosting of a TEDxBrisbane Viewing Party for your school, work, sporting or social tribe.
Learn More About The Advocate Role
BEFORE THE DAY
ON THE DAY